Wabasha County ATV Permit Frequently Asked Questions:


Q: May I ride my ATV on snowmobile trails in Wabasha County with an ATV Permit?

A: No, you may not ride an ATV on any snowmobile trail in the county


Q: If I apply for a County ATV Permit, do I still need the MN DNR ATV registration?

A: MN DNR ATV registration is required on all ATV's operated in MN (even if used exclusively on private property). ATV's 25 years and older are exempt from registration.


Q: How does the County ATV Permit affect the AG Registration?

A: AG Registration - Allows the use of ATV's on state trunk highways or county roads if being used for agricultural purposes. The ATV must be operated on the extreme right-hand side of the road, and left turns may be made from any part of the road if it is safe to do so under the prevailing conditions.

Roadways – A valid driver's license is required when operating an ATV in the road right of way (this includes the roadway, shoulders, and ditches).


Q: Is ATV Training required for a County ATV Permit?

A: Safety Training – Anyone born after July 1, 1987 needs ATV safety training before operating on public lands.


Q: Where can I see the current ATV laws in Minnesota?

A:Simply go to http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/regulations/ohv/index.html and you will find all of the laws, training information, and safety tips for safe ATV operation.


Q: Do I need to register a side-by-side?

A: No, only through the DNR.


If you have any further questions, contact Sheriff Rodney L. Bartsh at  This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it


Free Joomla template design by Joomlage.com