COVID-19 Small Business Relief
Business/Non-Profit Application click HERE
*For best results, save a copy of the Grant Application PDF to your computer and open in Adobe Reader
Wabasha County Business and Nonprofit Relief Grant Program
Wabasha County has been awarded $426,564 from the State of Minnesota to support small local businesses and organizations that have been adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The program is intended to provide relief payments to restaurants, bars, gym, and other similar businesses who have been partially or fully closed as a result of EO 20-99, Section 7.
Nonprofit and community asset businesses, such as bars or restaurants operated by VFW Post or American Legion Post, community fitness centers and other entities that earn revenue similar to a for-profit business that had to close operations due to EO-20-99 are also eligible for this program
Funds awarded shall be used for working capital to support critical expenses that were incurred during the shutdown such as current payroll obligations, rent payments, mortgage payments, insurance, utility bills, payments to suppliers, and other similar expenses that occur in the regular course of business.
- The business or non-profit must have a physical location in Wabasha County
- No current tax liens are on record with the Secretary of State
- Were impacted by an executive order related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Be in good standing with Wabasha County and the city where the business is located
- Open and operating since January 1, 2020
- 50 or less employees
- Home-based business or nonprofits must have a registered business address in the county and at least one or more W-2 employees in addition to the principal
- Freelance or organized musicians and performing artists who work or reside in Wabasha county are eligible under the home-based business category with no requirement of having one or more W-2 employees must have a physical establishment or in-home office
- Nonprofits, nonprofit arts organizations nonprofit Museums, and nonprofit fitness centers that earn revenue similar to businesses, including but not limited to ticket sales and membership fees
- Corporate owned chains
- Farm operations
- Liquor establishments
- School districts
- 501( c)6 nonprofits with the exception of chamber of commerce organizations
NOTE: The information outlined above is intended to be general guidance. Final grant decisions will be recommended by the Application Review Panel and awarded by the County after a thorough review of all application materials.
NOTE: Wabasha County reserves the right to amend these guidelines as needed to best address the impact of the current pandemic.
NOTE: Applicant may be requested to demonstrate and document financial hardship as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic
- An application link and application resources can be found at:
- Applications are due by midnight February 1, 2021
- Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Attention Katie Streveler
625 Jefferson Ave.
Wabasha, MN 55981
Please call 651-565-3051 or email email@example.com with any questions.