Planning and Zoning

The Planning and Zoning Department is open to the public, but landowners are encouraged to submit applications via email. Staff will follow CDC guidelines for social distancing so inquiries about zoning regulations on specific parcels will only be handled over the phone or by utilizing email.
The Wabasha County Environmental Services Department is responsible for planning and managing programs to protect health and the environment. These programs include planning & zoning, solid waste, recycling & household hazardous waste,  noxious weeds, and Aquatic Invasive Species. This department is involved in enforcing a variety of ordinances, guiding future development, and providing educational information on an array of items relating to all of the programs above.

Zoning Administrator:
Kevin Krause 
625 Jefferson Ave
Wabasha MN 55981
Phone: (651)-565-3062
Fax: (651)-565-2774

Environmental Resources Technician:

Hannah Dotter

Administrative Assistant:
Angela Burrichter

The recycling sheds at Kellogg, Conception, Zumbro Falls, and Millville have been closed indefinitely due to concerns over the spread of Covid-19. Two recycling roll-offs are available at the Plainview Highway Shop (24234 Co Rd 27) for Wabasha County residents to use for the disposal of recyclables. The site is only open 6:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on Friday. The site has video monitoring, but please report any illegal dumping to the Wabasha County Zoning Department. 

Wabasha County collections for household hazardous waste have been cancelled for the month of May due to concerns with COVID-19. Wabasha County residents can still dispose of household hazardous waste for free at the Goodhue County Recycling Center located at 3745 Highway 61,  Red Wing, MN from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday May 1st to August 7th. Look for a plastic box marked "Household Hazardous Waste" by the back corner of the blue recycling drop-off shed. Each household is limited to 10 gallons of paint and/or other hazardous waste per day.
If you need further information about household hazardous waste, please contact the Wabasha County Zoning Department at 651-565-3062.

Building Permits and Other Forms
Wabasha County Planning & Zoning is responsible for the administration of the Wabasha County Zoning Ordinance and the MN State Building Code. The purpose of this ordinance is to promote, preserve, and protect the public health, safety, and general welfare of the citizens of Wabasha County, along with the integrity of the land and water resources of the County. 

Building Permit Fees