WIC Program Contacts:
|Lori Murray, PHN
|Wanda Lee, LPN
|Ashley Lang, PHN
Our WIC office is open Tuesday and Thursday, 8:00am to 4:00pm. WIC appointments are scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays; other appointment times may be considered by making prior arrangement with WIC staff . Voucher pick ups are on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00am-11:00am & 1:00pm-4:00pm.
What is WIC (Women Infants Children)?
- WIC is a nutrition education program. WIC provides supplemental foods which promote good health for pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women, infants and children up to age five.
Who is eligible to receive WIC in Wabasha County?
- Pregnant Women
- Postpartum Women
- Women who have a baby less than six months old
- Infants and children up to five years old who:
- live in this county
- are at nutritional risk
- meet our liberal income guidelines
How do you get WIC?
- Make an appointment with WIC
- Talk with a WIC health professional at your appointment.
- If eligible, you will be given coupons for nutritious foods.
- You will be given a list of grocery stores where you can shop to exchange your coupons for WIC approved foods.
- Nutrition advice and tips
- Healthy foods like fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain cereals, bread and tortillas, low fat milk and baby foods.
- Breastfeeding support
- Caring and supportive
How do I get information about WIC?
- For information, or to ask the location of the WIC clinic closest to you, please call the Minnesota WIC toll-free number (1-800-WIC-4030)