|Wabasha County Sheriff:
Rodney L. Bartsh
848 17TH Street East
Wabasha, MN 55981-5033
Phone: (651) 565-3361
Fax: (651) 565-3843
Wabasha County Sheriff, Rodney Bartsh, was elected to his position in 2002. Sheriff Bartsh started in law enforcement in 1987, and has spent all of his career working within Wabasha County. Sheriff Bartsh resides in the Plainview area with his wife, Denise. Denise and Rodney have two children, Brandon and Ashley who reside in the area with their families. Denise and Rodney have 5 grandchildren.
Sheriff Bartsh strives for him and his staff to do the right thing. His focus has always been to stand up for people that have a harder time doing that for themselves and be a voice for them.
The Sheriff position is an elected four-year term. Sheriff Bartsh is currently on his 5th term. The Sheriff is the Chief Law Enforcement Officer, Chief Keeper of the Jail, and Administrative Head of the Emergency Operations Center in the County. The Sheriff is also responsible for maintaining police services with the cities of Mazeppa and Elgin.
The Sheriff's Office provides a variety of services, which enables the Sheriff and his office to enforce all laws created to keep and preserve the peace of the County. Responsibilities include enforcing all laws pertaining to regulations of traffic on land and water, serving all civil and criminal processes, and providing necessary record information to the public. The Sheriff's Office also participates in services such as ATV, Boat Patrol, TZD (Toward Zero Death), Safe & Sober Program, ERT (Emergency Response Team) and K-9 Narcotics Unit.
Gun Permits - Fillable Forms
- Application For Water Permit
- 2010-2011 State Boat & Water Grants
- 2012 Boat and Water Activity Report
- 2012 Boat and Water Fiscal Report
- 2013 Boat and Water Report
- Federal Boating Activity Report
- 2014-2015 Federal Boat and Water Report
- 2016 STATE Boat and Water Activity & Fiscal Report
- 2016 FEDERAL Boat and Water Report
- 2017 STATE Boat and Water Activity & Fiscal Report
- 2017 FEDERAL Boat and Water Report
- 2018 STATE Boat and Water Activity & Fiscal Report
- 2018 FEDERAL Boat and Water Report
- 2019 STATE Boat and Water Activity & Fiscal Report
- 2019 FEDERAL Boat and Water Report
- 2020 STATE Boat and Water Activity & Fiscal Report
- 2020 FEDERAL Boat and Water Report