Emergency Assistance

When low-income households are in a financial crisis and are at risk of losing their housing or are facing utility disconnection, already have their utilities disconnected or need help with other heating sources, Wabasha County Social Services may be able to help by providing short-term assistance to resolve the immediate emergency.

Wabasha County may be able to assist you with your entire need or we can work in conjunction with other agencies listed below and others to try to resolve your emergency.

For more information on our Emergency Programs, see our policies:
Wabasha County Emergency Assistance Plan for Families with Children.
Wabasha County Emergency General Assistance Plan for Adults Without Children.

How to apply for Emergency Assistance

  • You will need to complete an application and have a face-to-face interview with an Eligibility Worker at our office.
  • You can complete and application either online at ApplyMN or complete a paper Combined Application Form.
  • Stop by our office to apply or contact us with questions or for more information:
Agency Contact Information
Toll Free:  1 (888) 315-8815
Fax: (651) 565- 3084
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Closed on observed holidays.