Right to Appeal

Applicants or recipients who do not agree with an action taken on their case have a right to appeal.  If you ask, you can continue to receive assistance while waiting for your appeal to be heard.  However, if you lose your appeal, you must pay back any assistance you received during that time to which you were not entitled.

You may bring an attorney, advocate, friend or relative to the appeal hearing,  The State of Minnesota will send you a written decision after the hearing.

For for information about the appeal process and how to appeal, please visit the Minnesota Department of Human Services Appeals Division website.

You may also start the appeal process by completing the Appeal Request form and submitting it to either to our agency or to the Minnesota Department of Human Services at the address listed on the form.  

Additional Information Regarding the Appeal Process
Information About the State Appeal Hearings
Requesting Asked Questions About State Appeal Hearings