Medical Assistance - Long Term Care Services

If you, your spouse, your parent or someone else needs help paying for the nursing home, or help remaining in their home, Medical Assistance can help with those costs for those that qualify.   For further information, please see the brochure for Medical Assistance Information for People Living in a Nursing Home or Receiving Elderly Waiver Services.

If you meet any of the following you will want to complete a Health Care Application for Payment of Long Term Care Services.
• Living in or may need to move to a nursing home or assisted living facility
• Applying for a waiver program to help you stay in your home.

Waiver programs   may be available for people who need extra help to stay at home instead of moving to a nursing home or other medical facility.   If you are seeking a waiver, you will also need a MNChoices assessment.   MNChoices assessments can be obtained by contacting Wabasha County Public Health.

Need More Help?
For more help with long-term care questions, resources and information, please visit the Minnesota Department of Human Services Long-Term Care website for assistance.   

You can also contact our Wabasha County Long-Term Care Team at (651) 565-3071 or email us at and we would be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.  You can also feel free to stop by our office at Wabasha County Social Services, 411 Hiawatha Drive East, Wabasha MN 55981. We can help guide you through applying for Medical Assistance for paying for long-term care services.